Having a celebrity as a friend is not easy because knowingly or not they tend to steal the spotlight away from you at your events – even when it’s one as big and important as your wedding.
These are 5 celebrities who stole the spotlight from their friends on their big day.
1. Rihanna: Rihanna was the bridesmaid at her childhood friend’s wedding in Barbados. Even though she tried to keep it low key in a long blue dress and sleek ponytail, she stole the spotlight from her friend Sonita.
The most iconic moment in the wedding was when the bride threw her bouquet and Rihanna dodged it like a pro.
2. Kanye West & Kim Kardashian West: The Wests are a fashion powerhouse so wherever they are individually or as a couple they are bound to cause stares. At fellow rapper 2Chainz’s wedding (which was a low key affair) Kim managed to steal the spotlight away for the lovely bride in her body con neon green dress and Kanye also contributed to this by pairing his suit with slides that were 2 sizes too small (he defended it as the Japanese way)
3. Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: The King of Agbada and arguably the most stylish man in Nigeria, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu broke the internet in December 2017 when he wore an unconventional agbada to Banky W & Adesua’s wedding.
The Agbada which has been enrolled into the Agbada hall of fame took our eyes away from Adesua and Banky’s beautiful look.
4. David Beckham: David Beckham is arguably one of the world’s sexiest men and he was a show stopper during Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s wedding in a 3 piece Tom Ford suit. The wedding which was attended by royalty and celebrity had it’s fair share of showstoppers and showstopping action but Becks arrival caused a stir.
5. Pippa Middleton: Before David wowed us at the Royal Wedding, Pippa Middleton first stole the show during Prince William and Kate Middleton royal wedding in 2011. Pippa, Kate’s younger sister and her only bridesmaid momentarily stole our glances away from the Duchess of Cambridge. Her perfect posterior was the subject of many headlines years after that wedding.