Celebrities are well known in the fashion industry, they are the faces of our favorite brands and when a new star is rising, brands compete to get their attention.
However, there are some celebrities that are also fashion designers – and no, we aren’t talking about those that have collaborated with major fashion houses to create collections.
Here are 5 popular celebrities have full blown fashion brands.
1. Victoria Beckham: Victoria Beckham’s eponymous brand Victoria Beckham is for the elegant sophisticated modern day woman. The former pop star who is famously known for her sky high heels’ transition to being a football wife and finally a fashion designer in her own write was somewhat seamless.
Although the Victoria Beckham brand has had its share of controversies, most notably Victoria’s choice of models the women’s wear brand is 10 years strong.
Victoria has also collaborated with sportswear brand Reebok to create a joint show collection with NBA superstar Shaquile O’Neal.
2. Rihanna: 2018 might be the bad girl’s busiest year, but she doesn’t look like she’s stopping. The singer first collaborated with Puma for her Fenty X Puma collection, launched her cosmetics brand, Fenty beauty and followed it up with her all sizes inclusive lingerie line Savage Fenty.
The brand also had one of the most memorable moments during fashion month when two pregnant models walked the runway in full Savage Fenty gear along with models of aall sizes to show that women come in different shapes and sizes.
3. Beyoncé: When Bey decided to launch her sportswear brand Ivy Park, we were all surprised because everyone expected her fashion line to be more feminine or a proper women’s wear brand.
Beyoncé who can be paid $1 million for one Instagram post (making her the most valuable celebrity on social media), created the brand for Topshop, but as a brand in its own right that is also sold elsewhere.
On it’s release date, it crashed Topshop’s website. It became the number one brand sold on Nordstrom beating other well known brands like Estée Lauder and it has also been named the most successful brand on Instagram in terms of engagement. Her loyal fanbase, the low price points and the highly praised quality of the pieces are some of the reasons for its popularity.
4. Justin Timberlake: RnB singer, Justin Timberlake started a fashion label with his childhood friend Trace Ayala. The brands name, William Rast is a combination of both of their grandfathers names, and the brand’s denim is designed to reflect Timberlake and Ayala’s lifestyle.
The brand’s inspiration is a mix between Tennessee and Hollywood.
5. Khloe Kardashian: Khloe Kardashian co-launched Good American, as “a denim-focused fashion brand designed for a curvier, sexier and stronger shape” with Emma Grede in 2016.
The brand in its desire to create sustainable jeans for curvy women came up with a size 15, because some women couldn’t fit into the size 14 pair of jeans because it was too small ams a size 16 because it was too big.
Good American’s jeans, sweats, bodysuits and more can be found on the brand’s official website as well as at Nordstrom stores.