You might turn up your nose at the thought of having to wash your blood but the truth is, switching to reusable sanitary pads is probably one of the best decisions you’re going to make, and as the world celebrates Menstrual Hygiene Day today, we’re here to tell you why.
1. They’re environmentally friendly – One person can use up to 16,000 disposable pads. Now multiply that number by the over 3 billion women in the world right now and imagine the amount of waste generated.
2. They are cost friendly – You can use one reusable pad for up to 5 years as long as you maintain it very well. Compare that to buying about 2 packs of disposable pad every month.
3. They help ease your cramps – Reusable pads are made out of breathable materials that encourage airflow into the vagina unlike the disposable pads which are made out of plastics and synthetic fibres which blocks airflow and can absorb all the moisture in your vagina increasing the chances of cramps.
4. You never run out of them – Investing in disposable pads means that you always have a pad at home for those days when the red visitor comes unannounced.
5. They are super easy to wash!
Watch Karo Omu of Sanitary Aid NG speak on why she prefers disposable pads as well as where you can get them below!