Saturday is moin-moin day in most Nigerian homes. If you’re planning to make some today, then you absolutely should try this blogger Sisi Yemmie‘s easy and quick recipe for oven baked moon-moin made with means flour.
1 Cup Beans Flour
1 Cup hot Chicken/Beef Stock
2 Cups hot Water
3 Tbs Crayfish
1 Smoked Mackerel
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Bell Pepper aka Tatashe
1 Habanero aka Rodo
1 Tsp Paprika
2 Seasoning Cube (Depending on how much you have in your stock)
2 tsp Salt (Depending on how much you have in your stock)
- In a baking pan, pour enough water to fill it and place in the oven under the baking tray where the moin-Moin will be. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place Beans Flour, Stock, Water, Crayfish, Vegetable Oil, Onions, Tatashe, Rodo, Shombo, Paprika, Curry, Thyme, Seasoning Cube and Salt in a blender and whizz together till smooth.
- Spray Ramekins with oil and pour in the beans mixture, add smoked mackerel that has been shredded and cover ramekins with a foil paper.
- Transfer to the oven and leave to cook for 45 minutes.
- When done, leave out to cool for 10 minutes then tip the ramekins over to take out the Moin-Moin.